You've Never Seen An Updo Like This Before - Hailee Steinfeld at the Oscars
It's never not fun to watch an actor/actress grow up before our eyes which why it we are still obsessing over Edge of Seventeen star Hailee Steinfeld's red carpet look from Sunday nights 89th Academy Awards. The 20 year-old starlet stunned in a floor length floral Ralph & Russo gown, a daringly soft smokey eye and a unique, delicately constructed twisted bun up-do.
The man behind her hair, Celebrity Stylist Chris Appleton, was inspired by the intricate detailing of her dress to create the sleek and sculpted modern up-do. He said “We went for a bold style to complement the mixture of classic and modern vibe given from her gown.”
Here's step-by-step, how you can steal this romantic look for your next formal event:
1. Prep wet hair with TONI&GUY Prep Heat Protectant Spray and blow dry hair backwards away from the face using a paddle brush.
2. Once dry, section off the top half of the hair and gather the lower half into a ponytail at the back of the head.
3. Apply TONI&GUY Style Spray Wax throughout the top section for a high-shine effect and begin curling hair using a 1-inch curling iron.
4. Once cooled, gently brush the curls out and join to the existing ponytail.
5. Wrap sections of hair from the pony tail in a clockwise motion above and below, twisting into a flower shape. Secure with pins.
6. Set the look with TONI&GUY Medium Hold Hairspray.